top of page
Help With Fees

At the Maths Society our mission is to help parents that want their children to be able to benefit from the tuition services that we offer. We appreciate that finding the money to fund this can be difficult.

There are many ways to get support with paying your tuition fees. The Maths Society is registered as a learning provider on the Ofsted Register in England. This means that many families are able to receive financial support with their costs.

Working Tax Credits

The Maths Society is Ofsted registered. You may qualify for extra tax credits to help pay for some of your childcare costs while you are working. 

​Our registration number is EY555740. 


Parents who enrol their children onto courses at TMS may be able to obtain assistance with the costs under the Childcare Element of Working Tax Credit.

This means that subject to assessment by HM Revenue & Customs, parents may be able to get up to 70% of their fees reimbursed! This means our services can become accessible to those who might not previously been able to afford it and guarantees parents can give their children the best education possible without worrying about the financial implications.

The amount that you’re eligible for is dependent on your household income and situation, but you may qualify for the tax credits if:

You’re a single parent, working over 16 hours per week OR A couple where both parents are working over 30 hours per week (combined)

The maximum amount of help you may receive is as follows:

Number of children       Weekly limit on costs    Percentage of costs you can get help with    Maximum tax credits for childcare
One child                        £175                                70%                                                                   £175 x 70% = £122.50
Two or more children    £300                              70%                                                                   £300 x 70% = £210

For the latest figures, please refer to the HMRC website.

Please note that your dealings with The Maths Society remain the same. T&Cs apply and fees must still be paid in advance even if you are claiming or about to claim for Working Tax Credit. Reimbursement of fees must be sought from HMRC, not The Maths Society.

To make a claim for the Childcare Element of Working Tax Credit, please phone the HM Revenue & Customs Working Tax Credit Helpline on 0845 300 3900 which is available from 08.00 to 20.00 seven days a week.


For further information, guidance and to ensure that you have the very latest information, please see


You may find leaflet WTC5 (Working Tax Credit – Help with the costs of childcare, 6th April 2011: A guide explaining help with the costs of childcare for parents) particularly helpful. Click the following link to view

Childcare Vouchers

The Childcare Voucher amount you choose to deduct is taken off your salary before you pay tax and National Insurance. Therefore, you pay less tax and National Insurance as your pre-tax salary is reduced.

Many people qualify for Childcare Vouchers and don’t event know it. Usually parents only use CCV for children in nursery school but the great thing is that at TMS, you can use them for children of all ages. To find out if you are eligible speak to your HR department – regardless of the size of your company, it is a scheme that all employers can register for. So even if you’re unsure, it’s definitely worth looking into.

Childcare Vouchers are a form of ‘employer supported childcare,’ a popular scheme which an increasing number of employers are adopting. This scheme works via salary sacrifice where an employer pays the employee partially in the form of Childcare Vouchers up to a value of £243 per month. These Vouchers are both tax and National Insurance free, thus greater in value than the cash equivalent, and can be used to pay for approved services. As TMS is Ofsted registered, these Vouchers can be used here.


It may be possible for you to save up to £933 per year as a basic rate taxpayer and up to £623 (£1,225 if you joined the scheme on 5th April 2011 or before) per year as a higher rate taxpayer by using these Vouchers. Moreover, both parents can receive Childcare Vouchers from their respective employer to use towards the tuition fees and therefore double the saving. The only requirement for you to take advantage of this scheme is that your child is aged 15 or under and that your employer is signed up to be part of it.


There are a wide range of these schemes currently running operated by a variety of different providers.


We are currently registered to accept Childcare Vouchers from


Edenred (

KiddiVouchers Childcare Voucher Scheme (

Computershare Voucher Scheme (

Tax-Free Childcare

Tax-Free Childcare has been introduced by the government to support working families with costs of approved childcare.


Eligible families will be able to open an online account to make childcare payments. For every £8 you pay in, the government will add an extra £2 up to the value of £2,000 per child, per year. Additional support is available for disabled children. Your family could be eligible if:

  • Your children are under 12 years of age (11 Plus)

  • You’re a single working parent or a couple where both parents are working and earning over £120 per week, but no more than £100,000 per year

You can find out if Tax-Free Childcare or other childcare options are for you by visiting

the maths society
bottom of page